Notification of Christ Church Cathedral Annual Vestry Meeting on the 26th February 2017
Notice is hereby served that the Cathedral Parish of Christ Church will hold its Annual Vestry Meeting immediately after the 08h00 Service on 26th February 2017 in Christ Church Cathedral.
The following shall be attended to in compliance with Diocesan Rule 25.8:
- The Auditor's Report, and the Annual Financial Statements,
- Election of two Parish Wardens and an Alternate Parish Warden,
- Election of lay Council Members,
- Election of two lay, and one lay alternate representative to Synod, Diocesan Standing Committee, Elective Assembly and Archdeaconry Council,
- Appointment of an auditor to audit the books of the parish,
- Consideration of any matters affecting worship, ministry, education, evangelism, unity and development.
This notice fulfills Diocesan Rule 25.8
A vestry shall be convened by notice in writing signed by the incumbent and churchwardens. In the absence or incapacity of any one or more of them, the signature or signatures required in each case shall be that of a person or persons appointed by the Bishop or Archdeacon. Such notice shall state the place, date, time and objects of the meeting and shall be affixed to the door or notice board of all licensed places of worship at least fifteen days before the day appointed for the meeting and shall where possible be read during Divine Service prior to the day of meeting.
Bishop's Lent Teaching
During the time of Lent, 01st March 2017 until 05th April (we will exclude Holy Week) Bishop Martin will be conducting an evening teaching service at the Cathedral from 18h00 until 19h00. All are welcome. The theme is They Cried Out to the Lord, based on Psalm 107.
Please fill in a form that are at the back of the church to register yourself and your family so that we can update your particulars on the Parish roll. Please note that it is very important to do this exercise. Fill out one form for each member of the family.
Note that the Church Makro Card is ready; please link your existing card to the Church Card No: 22181703, for more information ask for Nombuhle at Makro